Sea Salt Bars - 2nd try

Brenda

Here's my second try at salt bars; I used sea salt because that is what I had on hand. I adjusted the sizing for my mold, played with the ratio of salts to oils, scented with Frankincense & Myrhh II from SW and swirled with gold and antique copper micas. (Could have used different colors because I knew the FO would turn to tan.:rolleyes2 ) Forced these to gel and cut and trimmed them while they were still very warm. It felt so odd to feel the heat coming off them through the rubber gloves as I trimmed them...crunch, crunch, crunch!

sea_salt_bars.jpg

Overall, a vast improvement over my first try. Thanks for checking them out. I'll have to make one more batch in an appropriately seasonal scent, but I just couldn't resist soaping this FO that arrived from SW yesterday. :cheesy2:

(Going to make a light box this weekend if it kills me! :cool2: Tired of trying to find enough light to take a decent picture.)

Do micas work well in CP? I was reading that they are mostly for M&P?

Thanks! I've been using micas right along in CP after getting them in the co-op and I really like working with them - very easy to disperse. I know you don't get the luster in CP that you would in melt and pour, but they do create lovely colors in CP.

Thanks! I've been using micas right along in CP after getting them in the co-op and I really like working with them - very easy to disperse. I know you don't get the luster in CP that you would in melt and pour, but they do create lovely colors in CP.

Not to steal the thread (apologies!) but then I have a mica question. I have a great FO that turns my soap a really neat brown (pretty dark). I considered a reverse swirl but thought the FO would probably bleed into it anyway.

Do you think a gold mica swirl would work?

Those bars look wonderful:D I am happy someone used sea salt because I have a ton of it and I was thinking of using it, but I was afraid of the results! Glad to see it works. Wonder if putting the fragrance I want in my salts and letting them sit over night will really make a strong scented bar.....