Just put my Sweet Strawberry to bed *Cut Pics Added Page 2

I just made a 2 pound batch of Sweet Strawberry, a Yankee candle company type. It has my entire house smelling soooo good! And I only used .6 oz per pound! I colored it with a tiny bit of red color chip, and a tiny hunter green color chip, that I mixed rosemary into for "seeds". I put 2 dividers in the mold, poured the outer sides with the pink, and then poured the middle with the green, took the dividers out, and then poured more green, swirled like crazy. I hope it comes out looking like I hope.

Everyday is a learning experience. All this time I would get a really fast trace working with my lye/oils at 100 degrees F. This time I mixed my lye hours ago, heated my oils just a little bit, then mixed both at 85 degrees. Took longer to trace, but I was able to get each and every step done without having to rush myself.

10046379ct.jpg

oh yum ~ this is my favorite scent and the only thing I haven't found a replacement/dupe for. Where did you get a dupe?? I've tried some good strawberries, but none that were the same to my nose.

I'm a fruit freak, so I would definitely be buying this soap by the bucket LOL

A company I used to work for made a considerable investment into an invention that was supposed to attach to your computer and then get signals from programs to combine different chemicals to release the appropriate scents at the appropriate times. They were thinking to use it for ads and games.

Never worked out though.

Looks lovely and bet it will when cut too. On the dividers, did you use lined cardboard? I keep reading it's among the sturdious to use and wish I had some to experiment with.

Look above your post, I put cut pics there. My first cardboard attempt did not work out too well, but I am going to try again. I used lined cardboard, and I accidentally bent one before I put it in. I think that's what messed it up for me because the bent one collapsed once I poured the soap in. So next time I will use very sturdy cardboard with no bends. I might sub the cardboard for really thin wooden sheets.