What's Up with J223 and Lone Star??

We bought 10 cases of J223 back in mid-April from Lone Star. I've been so busy pouring candles, bookkeeping, that I didn't pay that much attention to the wax. When we were melting it yesterday, noticed how pretty & white it was, seemed different, no water in it, no debris. We usually have to add soy to it to hold down the wet spots. I tried pouring a few containers before I added the soy. WOW!!!! It poured perfect, flat top, and absolutely NO wet spots today. The scent throw is fabulous. Could it be I have found the perfect OLD wax? Anyone else noticed this new change? especially if you have lately bought 223 from Lone Star? Wish I had a pallet of this batch. Carole:D :D :D

Don't know about the J223, but I have noticed a big difference in the latest batch of J50. It sizzles as it melts-sounds like deep frying french fries. It appears different as it is stirred also. No appreciable difference in scent throw, but the surface of the poured candle sometimes has little air bubbles, which I have to heat with a hear gun.

Don't know about the J223, but I have noticed a big difference in the latest batch of J50. It sizzles as it melts-sounds like deep frying french fries. It appears different as it is stirred also. No appreciable difference in scent throw, but the surface of the poured candle sometimes has little air bubbles, which I have to heat with a hear gun.

Sometimes my 4045H sizzles like that and I've finally figured out that it's just from this one specific pour pot I use that is all dented up at the bottom, I dont know if thats the same for you though....My J223 from lonestar always looks amazing for the first few days, but then it develops tons of wet spots and bubbles and I have to do 1 repour..But I ordered it back in Feb. maybe they've improved their batches since then..

I am happy to hear this about the J223.. I too bought my wax from Lonestar. I wrote to IGI and commented about the complaints I have been hearing regarding the "new" J223. I was told by BCN that one of the new batches were low on the "acceptable allowance range" for quality, but that the wax was fine. :rolleyes2 I have been testing exclusively with the "not so great" batch and am looking forward to pouring with the better quality batch. I have not had too tough of a time with it, but I would not know the difference because this wax was new to me. My results were not the same as what few other testers were experiencing with the same f/o, additives, etc.. were and it was driving me crazy! Thanks for the update.. maybe enough people commented to IGI about the quality of the new J223 and they made some changes for the better!

We bought 10 cases of J223 back in mid-April from Lone Star. I've been so busy pouring candles, bookkeeping, that I didn't pay that much attention to the wax. When we were melting it yesterday, noticed how pretty & white it was, seemed different, no water in it, no debris. We usually have to add soy to it to hold down the wet spots. I tried pouring a few containers before I added the soy. WOW!!!! It poured perfect, flat top, and absolutely NO wet spots today. The scent throw is fabulous. Could it be I have found the perfect OLD wax? Anyone else noticed this new change? especially if you have lately bought 223 from Lone Star? Wish I had a pallet of this batch. Carole:D :D :D

The 2 cases I ordered from Lonestar a few months ago are yellowish. I got an 8 lb slab of 7 year old J223 from another candlemaker. She sent it to me so I could compare to the new. It's nice and white. I wonder if Lonestar would take this yellow stuff back??

I noticed when I was pouring a test batch of the J50 that there were what looked like little water bubbles sitting at the bottom of the melted wax.

I have been using this wax forever. Sometimes it comes out white and sometimes more yellow. To be honest I think it is the storage issues the wax goes throughbefore I get it. It does not have UV in it so the sun WILL make it yellow even though it is not particularly under the sun. I know this because I had a "White Batch" @ one time, stored it in a trailer @ my in-laws and lo-and behold I had magic yellow wax. All the talk about the different waxes, I have not noticed an issue @ all with the so called "new J223" . Maybe it is a matter of paranoia. Mine still acts, burns, and throws like it always has. The only time it changes is with the variables used in application , (or the dad gum weather).

VickiB, I would ask Lone Star about the yellow, soft wax. If you have a problem with it, surely others have. I have used enough 223 to know it IS white and IS not soft. Maybe me getting the GREAT wax was just a fluke!!

It's not soft, you say? Mine I can practiclly pull apart and mold with my hands. Is this not normal of the J223? I'm getting ready to order a few more slabs from lonestar...Wonder if it will be totally different with this batch..

Hmmmm I can pull mine apart too.. When I measure it out I sometimes tear pieces to get my exact weight.. I love this wax either way. Mine burns and throws great, so I don't mind as long as my end results stays the same. I got all paranoid when I read about the "new" J223... wasn't worth the stress..