Bees Wax added to soy

For thoses who have added this to your soy candles. I know it makes the melt point a little higher but how about soot? Does a candle with Bees wax tend to soot more than one with pure soy. I know it all depends on the wick and all that. I might have a source from a local Bees Keeper/Honey Maker but I'm sure it will need cleaning. Don't want to mess with it if is a bear to wick.

Hi Sharon! I've been told that too about bw. I read alot of post where Kaybee23 & Meridath use bw. They have tempted me many of times to try it but places I order from don't have it. They might be able to answer your questions. I think of them as the BW soy expert. :D

Beeswax does not promote soot, at least not in my candles. It does however help with throw, smooth tops and a little with the frosting. You will need to adjust your percentage in the winter from the summer usually. I use 4% in summer and 3% in winter. :D

Beeswax does not promote soot, at least not in my candles. It does however help with throw, smooth tops and a little with the frosting. You will need to adjust your percentage in the winter from the summer usually. I use 4% in summer and 3% in winter. :D

Kerry,

What happens if you still use 4% BW in the winter? I'm thinking you'd get hairline cracks? Do the candles burn differently as well?

Kerry,

What happens if you still use 4% BW in the winter? I'm thinking you'd get hairline cracks? Do the candles burn differently as well?

Yup, I get hairline cracks across the jar in the winter. My deduction is that it is from the heat in the house. Seems that as soon as the heat is off and the air is turned on in the spring/summer, the crack issues goes away. May not be that way for everyone, but that is what I have found to be the case.

I ditto what Kaybee says!. Except my BW % are different but so is my pouring environment. You have to test to see which % works best for you. I take my % up in the summertime too but down in the winter to prevent the hairline cracks.