Blue Lavender Palmarosa *Cut Pics Added Page 2*

This one was ahuge experiment. First time I ever added cocoa butter to a recipe. I swapped 4 # of cocoa with 4# of my shea butter with a nice soaper from another forum. It arrived today and I could not wait to use it.

I colored my entire batch with a lavender chip before I added the lye. Then the lye went in (with tussah noil silk. I mixed at room temp so it took about 15 minutes of SB to trace. Once I got trace I poured in some ultramarine blue, yellow, green and red. Sb for a sec in each area I poured the color into, took my spatulaand did a quickie swirl in the pot, then filled my mold. Sprinkled some lavender on the top for some pizazz. It chillin in the fridge. The blue lavender palmarosa came from SOS, behaved wonderfully, and their lowest concentration hasmy house smelling super! I just hope my colors are as I envision them when I cut.

10048283zd.jpg

I am definitely not doing lower temperature soaping anymore. While I like the ability to actually do a few steps that I was missing soaping at 100 degrees, the soap that results from it is sticky and kinda soft. And I am definitly converting to a full time gel gal.

1004933qu8.jpg

1004934ti6.jpg

I do like the colors though, it is how I expect blue lavender palmarosa to look.

Oh I definitely like that color and I'd be pleased as punch if mine turned out that pretty. Congrats!

I don't think I've ever smelled palmarosa, so I can't imagine what the scent must be like. But if it's half as yummy as that color... :drool:

This is a definite candidate for a rebatch or cube soap. Those draw lines from the botanicals are bothering me.

gorgeous purple color - love it!

you can eliminate the "draw" lines on your next batch by turning the log upside down to cut (herbals touching table)...and knock any sticking buds on your blade after each cut!