Finally got my new soap mold!!!

I gave my dad some extra wood we had from our addition and had him make me a slab mold (16 bars). I am going to cut slits in the side so it looks like a misty creek! I am so excited to actually start making soap to sell (in October when I can get my insurance). I will post a pic when dh gets home this afternoon (he took my digital to get pictures of the buck on our property if he sees them). now I just need to order a bunch of sunflower oil because it is my main base oil!

Steph

I just ordered a new mold also .. unfortunately the maker didn't read my specs and it makes a bar 4 inches wide and I like my bars 3 1/2 inches so it will be going into the classified soon.

My DH made a mold for me and it was supposed to be a 3lb but is a 4 lb which would have been okay but the bars require way too much cutting to make them look normal. I gave him directions but knowing him he decided he could make it better...I appreciated the attempt but I can't use the mold because I simply don't want to do all that extra cutting....I was so upset so I'm wondering if I can have the wood cut to my specs at Menards or Lowes and just hammer it together myself.:undecided I think I will use that mold for storing soap.