Has anyone shipped to Africa?

summerbug

I just got an email from a boutique on the Ivory Coast asking if I'd ship to their country. I've only shipped to Canada so I am clueless as to what form of payment is the best to accept - considering this is a legitimate request.

I guess a cashier's check in US dollars - does anyone has any ideas?

I have a policy if paypal doesn't accept there neither do I.

This is a good guideline. What if you have a paypal business account, the type where the customer doesn't need a paypal account to pay and can just use her credit card? Would the payment still be accepted if they're from a country which paypal doesn't give accounts to?

Phony cashier's checks are rampant, so if you go through with this, make sure you send nothing until your bank thoroughly clears the funds. You sure don't want the bank taking money out of your account 3 weeks down the road and you've already sent the products. If they tell you they will send you extra money for whatever, delete it immediatley, it's all a big scam. Personally, I'd ignore any orders coming out of Africa at the present time, they usually are bogus!! :undecided