Soaping Nightmare!

eugenia

Have not soaped in a bit and I was looking forward to some nice swirls in my new slab mold. Not happening.

I was out of palm oil, so I adjusted my recipe; no biggie.

Got my oils and lye ready last night.

Tried a new FO.

Used a new clay (at 1/2 tbs per lb) with a 33% lye solution.

Well..... the pink clay was added to the oils, along with the FO. FO was Enchanted Apple and I had a nice red made up envisioning pink with red swirls. The soap did not seem to trace; then WHAM, soap on a stick and ricing.

Since I had over 6 lbs of oils and butters invested, I decided to break all the rules. Dumped in the dye for the swirl that was not happening. Crockpot was not handy, soap was in a pot already, on the stove, so I turned the burner on low. Since water discounting is not advised for HP, I dumped some more in to the soap on a stick (no measuring/weighing). I know that sugar helps keep HP more fluid, so I dumped in 6 TBS and stirred my heart out for a while.

Went through all the HP stages, champagne bubbles, applesauce, vaseline and I was able to dump into the new mold and smooth out. It will not win any beauty contests, but I think it will be soap! :smiley2: