lol what a mess I made

dixiegal

I couldn't sleep so I was laying here thinking about candles, Iv always wanted to capture the scent of my grandmas house in the woods on a winter morning, the clean smell of pine and spruce in the frosty air,coffee perking away, the wood stove going fresh bread that rose all night filling the house with that wonderful yeast smell being baked while she cooked us pancakes eggs ad bacon for breakfast. Well as I lay here it came to me I have most of those scents! except bacon and eggs,lol. So down to the basement I went with visions of this amazing scent that I could use for my signature scent! I grabbed all the bottles and started weighing, writing notes and mixing... it did not in any way smell like my wonderful grandmas house**** sigh**** maybe Ill give it another try tomorrow

Oh, the memories! When I think of my Grandma's house, I think of MacIntosh apples (stored in her basement) mixed with the scent of Grandpa's pipe tobacco. I need to work on a candle like that ... just for me!! :smiley2: