CP/HP HELP I think I screwed up

ladysj

I used Aj's beginners recipe and I poured at medium trace. With 1 ounce pp of oils FO. I was sooooooo excited it was turning into soap and then everything went to S**T. It boiled out of the crockpot everywhere. Have I got a frickin mess to clean up lmao.

I just put it back in the crockpot beat it to pieces with the blender and rolled it into balls. Maybe I'll have better luck next time and I'm going to do just CP.

I've done exactly 2 batches of HP - and one was a complete failure (don't discount water for HP). So I know next to nothing about it.

But did it go through all the stages in the tutorial? All I can think is that it wasn't "done" - but ask Eugenia cause she's a HP GURU!!!

I've done two CPHP - and the 1st one overheated and literally overspilled out of the crockpot - is that what your saying yours did? I threw mine away.. only because it was a small starter batch. The 2nd one did not have oils on the top.. it was like oatmeal consistency... other than that I'm no help. lol

LMAO Carol OMG I don't believe it. I thought I had followed all the steps but lo and behold!!!! There were alot more steps that I failed to see as I was looking at the tutorial soooooooooo I only made it about halfway through the actual process. Live and learn so PEEP's just starting make sure you go through the whole tutorial steps to the end. I guess I can rebatch this.:laugh2:

LMAO Carol OMG I don't believe it. I thought I had followed all the steps but lo and behold!!!! There were alot more steps that I failed to see as I was looking at the tutorial soooooooooo I only made it about halfway through the actual process. Live and learn so PEEP's just starting make sure you go through the whole tutorial steps to the end. I guess I can rebatch this.:laugh2:

I think you just went through part of your soaping initiation. You have to screw up at least one recipe to be initiated. You are on your way. :P I've screwed up my fair share of batches in my time so you are not alone. :D

I think you just went through part of your soaping initiation. You have to screw up at least one recipe to be initiated. You are on your way. :P I've screwed up my fair share of batches in my time so you are not alone. :D

Very true! I screwed up royally last week and ended up with a batch that ended up to be 25% super-fatted. The next batch of CP that I did the next day turned out really nice. You live and learn, and who knows- your biggest mistake can turn out to be the nicest soap down the road. At least that's what I'm hoping for my screwed up soap once it cures. Oh please, please, please turn out nice! :)

MarieJeanette

How am I going to just finish the process when it's already solidified there is no liquid left?

LOL, we have to start a new category: "Can This Soap Be Saved?"

If you just finished and it's setting up, I'd let it go for now. Wait at least 24 hours and then shred it up.

Go to the supermarket and get the roasting bags that they sell for turkeys, etc for oven roasting. Put the shreds in the bag and tie tightly with string. Do not use the slider ties that come with the bags. They are not tight enough.

Put the bag in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and turn down to a simmer. Let it go for ages, 1-2 hours until it's completely melted.

Cut a corner of the bag and squirt the hot soap into your mold.

I've done double boiler rebatch, microwave and oven. The boiling bag method gets the soap the smoothest by FAR and keeps it from drying out.

I had a batch last week that seized. I continued to HP, added too much water and it was too soft. I shredded it up and made a new batch. Genius that I am, I tried the same FO and guess what? It seized again. (Was unsure if it was the new recipe, clay, or FO that ruined the first batch). This batch looked like crap too. Now I have some shredded, for a rebatch. Perhaps three is the charm!

HTH,

e