Cost of designing a logo...?

Jane42

A third-year art student from a local college (also the sister of my future daughter-in-law) has been working on a logo design for us. She also works at a print shop, so she is checking on pricing of the different size labels: jar labels/warning labels, votive box labels, hang-tags for fresheners, etc. She is also able to waive the set-up fee.

My question is - how much should I pay her? She is reluctant to give us a price because she is almost "family" (:grin2:), but I want to be fair to her. We do not have alot of money (well, at this point, we don't have any that hasn't been reinvested into supplies...lol), so we would like to have an idea of what we would NEED to have before we told her we were going with her design.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks!

Jane

Uh, oh....I better sell a TON of candles before she finishes the logo!! I had no clue it was that expensive!! I thought that somewhere in my reading on this board I saw that there were people that would design a logo for around $50, so that was around the figure I had in mind. :undecided Apparently I was reading something else!

Well, I think we will be pleased with it....we liked her ideas, so I can't wait to see some finished logos...

I am new here and I occasionally make candles. I thought about starting a business for it, but that didn't get far. I find the fragrance oils expenisve to try. 4 that I tried I didn't like. Big waste of money. Anyway, you can go to my website in my profile to get an estimate of charges on a logo. It just depends on the company. I have been to this forum before to look for candlemaking advice so I am not a complete newbie. lol. Good luck.

WOWZA...those are some expensive logos! I had mine done...with some other stuff she did for me too and it all came to under $150. I just had a new label designed by another person for my bath and body........3 different labels but all similar and she charged me $35. And they are very very professional looking! She will also be printing them for me ..... on a label printer that prints on a roll...not sheets.