Getting bath bomb out of mold?

LindaColo

I am having difficulty removing my bath bombs out of the mold. The mold is lightly sprayed with pam and then wiped off. The bomb is tightly packed into the mold, and then refuses to leave except when banged out. I catch the it in my hand to place on a plate for drying. The problem is that most of the time, the bomb simply returns to wet particles.

I did try packing the mold with a little less pressing, but then the bomb fell apart when dry. When the bomb was dried in the mold, the exposed top is a different darker color than the rest of it.

Things learned:

* Keeping the mold shape simple increases the chance it will get out of the mold

* Don't put in too much liquid or it will wort or crack

* Don't put in not enough liquid or it will not stay together. The problem is I am still on the learning curve on what the proper liquid amount is.

* When releasing frustration by hitting bad bombs with a hammer, close all drawers and cabnets, or powder may get into them if the bag tears open.

I find that cleaned out molds work alot better than ones that are sprayed with anything. I always have a glass of hot water next to me when my bathbombs start to stick. I dip my mold into the water and shake off. The first bathbomb molded after that will be wet, but I always start over with a new one until I have to dip and shake again.

Pressure is one of the key ingredients to a good bathbomb, so definitely leave that step in. The tighter the better.

I always use to throw the mixture at the wall - that way it spread all over the carpet, made my house smell nice and I vacuumed it up later *lol*

Hey look at the bright side, At least you can get a full bomb, I can't even get my bombs to make a ball in the ornament type molds. I have gone to half bombs instead.:rolleyes2

yeah me to..I just got a meatballer for smaller ones and I have yet to use it..I am afraid I wont be able to get them out of the mold either.