Paint cans for candles

Holly

Never bought them before. But one suggestion is going to a auto parts store or body shop that does paint mixing. The various custom mix automotive paints I bought in the past came in different size containers from gallon cans to one that were a little bigger than a can of tuna. You probable will save on any shipping charges by doing this too. :)

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I do like the ones at Bittercreek. The aged finish ones look very vintage which I like.

One question. If the lids are just like a paint can lid, how the heck does one open them up easy enough to smell the candle? You would sure break a nail without a paint can opener and if you use an opener you can bend the lid. I hope this is not a stupid question. :rolleyes2

The age look does look pretty cool.

As for the lid issue, if your going to a show just leave the lids off of the cans. When puting the lids on for the first time just don't hammer them down like you would if it was filled with paint.

Or just leave the lids on & make sniffies for people to smell :smiley2: