Thanks to everyone that suggest PVC for a mold

Lorrie

I just have to thank everyone that has suggested using PVC pipe for a soap mold.-- I found a great way to recycle pvc pipe that is too small for my brother to use. (He owns a plumbing company and they always have scrap pieces.) Well now, that I know that I can use it as a mold guess where I am off too? Yup, my brothers shop...

Yes, I know how lucky I am on getting the sizes that I want. I am testing a 3 inch diameter one right now but I can get them any diameter I want as long as it is a size that they use.

Plus like I said the best part... They are free because he is just gonna throw them away. They are too small from him to use any where else.

Caps can be found right next to the PVC pipes in the hardware store.

Lining with freezer paper is critical. Here's what I do to minimize the paper "seam":

• If you use the metal tear strip on the box to rip the paper into sheets, the edges will be rough and bumpy. Trim both rough ends with scissors so they're smooth.
  • Roll the paper into a tube shiny side out and put it in the mold. Leave it there for a few minutes, while you gather your soaping ingredients perhaps. Then pull the tube out and roll it shiny side in. When you slip the tube back into the mold, the paper will hug the sides and lay flat against it.

• 2 weeks later...

Salt City, I just did 3 batches! All successful. You gals are da bomb!

Caps can be found right next to the PVC pipes in the hardware store.

Lining with freezer paper is critical. Here's what I do to minimize the paper "seam":

• If you use the metal tear strip on the box to rip the paper into sheets, the edges will be rough and bumpy. Trim both rough ends with scissors so they're smooth.
  • Roll the paper into a tube shiny side out and put it in the mold. Leave it there for a few minutes, while you gather your soaping ingredients perhaps. Then pull the tube out and roll it shiny side in. When you slip the tube back into the mold, the paper will hug the sides and lay flat against it.