a question

soaplady30

im new at the making soaps im starting off with the melt and pour ,im wanting to make a business out of it, I was just wondering is the soap business run good are not? I thought abt making gift baskets everything in the homemade. I was wondering is mp is just as good is the cp and hp to sell for now?

i was wondering if you can put the same stuff that you put in cp and hp soap can you put in mp?

and how much do you charge for the mp soaps to make profit? thanks for the help tasha m

Hi soaplady30.

I was just wondering is the soap business run good are not?

Is the soap business good? It really depends what you want to get out of it and what you want to put in it. There are many experienced business people here that can offer great tips, but nobody can do it for you. Check out the business section, there's lots of info there to get you going in that direction.

I was wondering is mp is just as good is the cp and hp to sell for now?

I started out with MP and did pretty well with it. Not as good as I do with CP, but that's only because I didn't do it as long. There are people out there that sucessfuly sell MP soaps and make beautiful ones.

i was wondering if you can put the same stuff that you put in cp and hp soap can you put in mp?

Sometimes yes, but they are definitely two different beasts. What were you thinking about adding?

how much do you charge for the mp soaps to make profit?

Usually triple your costs. It varies for everyone.

Be prepared when you go into business.

It still amazes me the questions that you get when you are selling. You need to be fully informed on your products. A few that come to mind....

1) How long does a bar of your soap last?

2) What are the ingredients that you use?

3) Does soap go bad?

4) What do you use to color your soap?

5) Will it stain my washcloth?

6) Is this soap made from scratch?

I would suggest that you continue making, testing and reading. It is amazing all of the things that I thought that I knew when I really didn't know much at all.

Good luck.