Wintergreen EO - DO NOT USE IN CP

SoapInTheCity

Do not use Wintergreen Essential Oil in CP soap! I had made my soap and was started sprinkling drops of it in for fragrance, instantly as the drops landed on the soap it curdled the soap in those spots it went white! I luckily only let about 10 drops fall in, so the soap was not ruined!! I just scooped out those bits! (Then ran quickly downstairs and grabbed the Winter Wonderland FO!) Phew!!

Another reason to use it is safety. Wintergreen EO is generally *not* regarded as safe in b&b products, due to it's methyl salicylate. From a webpage I trust (http://eethomp.com/AT/dangerous_oils.html)

Birch and Wintergreen: I debated about listing sweet birch and wintergreen as toxic because they are medicinal and widely used as flavorings. Both oils are mostly methyl salicylate, a common analgesic found in many over-the-counter medications. They're on my blacklist becuse a typical 15 ml bottle contains more than enough methyl salicylate to kill a person if ingested or spilled on the skin (6,9). They are also dangerous to use in combination with many common over-the-counter medicines including aspirin, Pepto Bismol, and arthritis

So if you do use it, make sure that bottle is tucked away safe where no one can get at it by accident.