This isn't right is it?

Loretta

I am sure that this is not right, I am new here but I have been reading for a while, I have made a few things and sometimes they work!I have made Bunny's bath melts and I love them. I want to make what I think are called bath creamers. Last Sunday I went to a farmer's market and I saw some creamers and although it was very expensive I bought one so I could take it apart and see what it was all about. It was a small ball of shea butter with lavender eo and a few bits of lavender and it was wrapped in a small piece of muslin and tied around the top. As I was paying, the owner of the stall told me that there was enough to use in 2 or 3 baths. I was expecting her to say break a bit off but she said I shoudl drop it in the bath still in the muslin wrap and when I thought I had enough in the bath to take it out and leave it to dry and use it a couple more times. I have read very carefull what has been written on here and I think that by dropping it into the bath water and taking it out again a couple of times would make it very vulnerable for 'nasties' because of the water, I can see that everyone seems to say that water is the problem, am I thinking right?

I don't know really this is just my opinion but I don't see how you could get nasties attaching themselves to it from clean water, even if your tub is not the cleanest (no not me nuh uh ;) ) it would be a very remote possiblity.

Now, as for it sitting around damp afterwards, it would depend on what's in it, if it could start getting moldy etc. I would worry more about that than just dipping it in the water.