10oz Metro Jar

I am trying a new jar. It holds about 300g of wax so I am guessing its about 10oz. I have been using an 18oz elevation jar, but I just had to try something with STRAIGHT sides. I use Blue Grass 100% soy wax and started doing my testing in this 10oz Metro Jar with an HP83. (I am putting in 18g of FO which is about 6.5%) The jar is 3" across. I started with the lighter FOs. Does this wick sound about right? Also, I want to make a candle with Essential Oils. Can someone give me a suggestion on what might work (EO blend, wicks size) for this jar?

Thanks,

Lola

I am trying a new jar. It holds about 300g of wax so I am guessing its about 10oz. I have been using an 18oz elevation jar, but I just had to try something with STRAIGHT sides. I use Blue Grass 100% soy wax and started doing my testing in this 10oz Metro Jar with an HP83. (I am putting in 18g of FO which is about 6.5%) The jar is 3" across. I started with the lighter FOs. Does this wick sound about right? Also, I want to make a candle with Essential Oils. Can someone give me a suggestion on what might work (EO blend, wicks size) for this jar?

Thanks,

Lola

see my other post in your other thread :wink2:

Depending on your wax, you could easily need one of your largest wicks for a 3 inch container. But I would do as Carriegsxr6 suggests and not expect a full melt pool in 3 hours at the top of the jar. It will catch up later.

Sounds like you're using a 12.5 oz status/metro jar. The flame is going to be dancing all over the place as you get down into that container.

flames dancing has to do with air flow in the jar...taller jars = dancing flames.

Are you just burning this jar for one burn and deciding the wick is not right? With soy, you typically have hang up for at least the first burn. The jar warms with each burn and the hang up melts.