Do your soy pillars like cuddles?

well, technically I'm talking about hugging!I've never once been able to hug a soy pillar without it cracking - I use Ecosoya PB with castor oil and a handful of CB135 to eliminate standard cracks due to the wax being so brittle, but these additives don't help if I wanna hug!From research, my customers like a wall on their candle so I wick them slightly lower than usual to give me a couple of cm's of wall. Personally, I want my candles to burn allllllll the way down with no wax wall left but the candle just cracks if I try to hug it to encourage it to "fold in" on itself.Any ideas?

No you are not supposed to hug a soy pillar like you would other types of pillars. I've bought soy pillars that for the most part do burn all the way down but not like a pillar made from paraffin - I still had some outside shell left but not much. I found with the soy pillars I bought that it was best to just leave them alone and let them burn. My hugging them always resulted in them cracking.

That's the main reason I don't do straight soy pillars anymore......my customers like to hug their candles and didn't like the wall......so mine are a paraffin/soy blend now. The only thing I can suggest is to try a size larger wick and see if it melts the wall as the candle burns lower. Or, add enough paraffin to get rid of the brittle wall so it's huggable. Good luck!! :cool2: