quick fast help ;) wholesale/private label

spatreats4u

I haven't actually sold wholesale myself yet, but I do buy some products at wholesale so I can tell you what I went through to get it if thats what you are looking for?

1-You have to fill out an approval form (either online or fax), it includes all of your business info and your tax id #. Then they let you know if you are approved or not.

2-They give you the pricing, terms and conditions, shipping, policies, etc. (I made up some of my own if your interested I can email them to you for examples. Just in case)

3-Sometimes they give you a password and user name to there website so that you can find all of the information directly on there site once your approved.

I'm not sure what specificly your looking for, but these are the basics.

You need to establish what your minimums will be--either units or dollars, or both. In order to sell to them without charging them sales tax you will need to have a copy of their tax ID on file.

PRICING:

For example, in order to get wholesale pricing you must make $150 minimum purchase.

Determine what your pricing structure will be. Will you offer discounts for large volume orders?

What type of payments will you accept? Many companies only accept pre-paid credit card orders for the first three orders. After that some offer credit, others will accept checks.

What type of shipping will you offer?

UNITS:

If you sell shower gel, as an example, you might sell it my the case (determine what amount will comprise a case--12 bottles, 24 bottles?) in one scent only, or you might allow them to mix and match their scents to equal one case.

LABELS:

What will you supply as far as labels go? Do they have to use your standard label, changing only the company name on the label, or can they supply you with artwork to create a new label? If they do that, will you assess a "set up" fee?

Will you have an additional charge per label, or will you hide it in the cost of the product?

Those are just a few quick things I thought of.

Here are a couple of more:

What kind of time frame can they expect their order?

One more...NO COD's.

You need to establish what your minimums will be--either units or dollars, or both. In order to sell to them without charging them sales tax you will need to have a copy of their tax ID on file.

PRICING:

For example, in order to get wholesale pricing you must make $150 minimum purchase.

Determine what your pricing structure will be. Will you offer discounts for large volume orders?

What type of payments will you accept? Many companies only accept pre-paid credit card orders for the first three orders. After that some offer credit, others will accept checks.

What type of shipping will you offer?

UNITS:

If you sell shower gel, as an example, you might sell it my the case (determine what amount will comprise a case--12 bottles, 24 bottles?) in one scent only, or you might allow them to mix and match their scents to equal one case.

LABELS:

What will you supply as far as labels go? Do they have to use your standard label, changing only the company name on the label, or can they supply you with artwork to create a new label? If they do that, will you assess a "set up" fee?

Will you have an additional charge per label, or will you hide it in the cost of the product?

Those are just a few quick things I thought of.

Here are a couple of more:

What kind of time frame can they expect their order?

One more...NO COD's.

thanks:yay: although in oregon we dont have sales tax so not sure about that part. THANK YOU