excel

silverm00n

Well, it's actually fairly easy, but it has to be setup using formulas. Use the help system on the SUM function - that's about the easiest way to simply add (or subtract) a whole group of numbers. If you need more in depth help, PM me, and I'll be glad to help out - I've been using excel for all my business spreadsheets and financial calculations for years.

Well, it's actually fairly easy, but it has to be setup using formulas. Use the help system on the SUM function - that's about the easiest way to simply add (or subtract) a whole group of numbers. If you need more in depth help, PM me, and I'll be glad to help out - I've been using excel for all my business spreadsheets and financial calculations for years.

Hmm... tried to PM you but it says you won't allow it.

Ok, then it may be easier just to highlight all your #'s when your finished and hit the calculate button on the toolbar...

Enter all your #'s you want calculated, Highlight them including one extra space underneath the bottom of the list and then go up to your toolbar and hit the calculate button. The button should be near the center of the toolbar.

Ugh. :( I still haven't figured out half of this forum system - I can't even find where to set it to let me receive them, much less where to edit my sig. Maybe I'm still too new here, I dunno...

Anyways, since the board won't let you do that, feel free to email me - candles at sandstoneranch dot com. If the calculate suggestion doesn't work, of if you'd like it anyway, I'd be glad to throw together a simple sheet for you - all I need to know is what you need it to do. With excel, sometimes it's easier to show rather than explain...

Hmm... tried to PM you but it says you won't allow it.

Ugh. :( I still haven't figured out half of this forum system - I can't even find where to set it to let me receive them, much less where to edit my sig. Maybe I'm still too new here, I dunno...

Anyways, since the board won't let you do that, feel free to email me - candles at sandstoneranch dot com. If the calculate suggestion doesn't work, of if you'd like it anyway, I'd be glad to throw together a simple sheet for you - all I need to know is what you need it to do. With excel, sometimes it's easier to show rather than explain...

Thank you for the offer, is that the same address as the one listed in your profile?

As for your PM's, it's easy to fix.

Go to User CP at the top in the blue menu bar. Then down to Edit Options, scroll down and there is a setting that says "enable private messages"

Ok, then it may be easier just to highlight all your #'s when your finished and hit the calculate button on the toolbar...

Enter all your #'s you want calculated, Highlight them including one extra space underneath the bottom of the list and then go up to your toolbar and hit the calculate button. The button should be near the center of the toolbar.

I don't see the calculate button... :cry2:

Thank you for the offer, is that the same address as the one listed in your profile?

As for your PM's, it's easy to fix.

Go to User CP at the top in the blue menu bar. Then down to Edit Options, scroll down and there is a setting that says "enable private messages"

Yup same email. As for the PM's, I don't have the option to enable them - I guess I can't yet :angry2: .

I don't see the calculate button... :cry2:

It's that funny looking symbol that sort of looks like an E.

To multiply type:

sum(a1*b1) {hit enter}

The equation above represents the column and row you want to multiply--Column A, cell #1 times Column B, cell #1

Here are a couple of links that might be useful:

http://www.usd.edu/trio/tut/excel/13.html

ttp://www.excel-vba.com/microsoft-excel-signs-formulas.htm.

or:

for example and to try (for adding box totals).....

in box b2 type $2.00

in box b3 type $3.00

in box b4 type @sum( then immediately after typing @sum( put cursor or scroll up to box b3 hold down SHIFT key and while holding SHIFT key highlight box b2 as well then let go and hit the ENTER key

voila there's your total $5.00

I hope it helped a little bit... :undecided