DayStar Order Critique?

Alajane

I decided to take the plunge with the sampler sale and place my first order with DayStar. The following are the samples I decided to try--any critiques of this list. Am I missing anything wonderful?

Chocolate Silk Frappuccino

Hey, Hey, Cute Cabana Boy

Mi Mi’s Kitchen

Precious Memories

Spice Market

Triple Nut Cake

Exact Friction of the Stars

Kitchen Spice Type

Vanilla Bean Noel

Incredible Baked Cherry Delight

Thanks in advance,

Jane

You have to get the Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies!!! It is my all time favorite!

Exact Friction of the Stars is okay but very mild. It reminds me of a different type of vanilla.

Hey Hey Cute Cabana Boy is awesome. Coco Cabana from NG is very similar!

Vanilla Bean Noel is great.

I love the Better than Sex Cake. It is a great pineapple scent!

Spice Market is good. Great cinnamon spicy scent.

Chocolate Silk Frappucino is great if you like the chocolate scents. I'm not too much into that.

I love Starry Eyes and Purple Haze - two very unique and great FO's.

I probably have about 20 oils from Stacy and all of them are great- Melonberry Tea, Peach Jam Cheesecake............

I could go on and on about Daystar

Missy

Chocolate Silk Frappuccino FABULOUS...NOT TO CHOCOLATELY! YUM

Hey, Hey, Cute Cabana Boy NEVER TRIED

Mi Mi’s Kitchen I DIED AND WENT TO HEAVEN SOOOO GOOD!!!

Precious Memories HAVEN'T GOTTEN YET..WAITING

Spice Market SOOOOOO GOOD!! I LOVE THIS ONE!!

Triple Nut Cake WILL DRINK OUT OF BOTTLE LMBO

Exact Friction of the Stars NEVER GOT

Kitchen Spice Type MY ALL TIME FAVORITE!!!

Vanilla Bean Noel NEVER TRIED

Incredible Baked Cherry Delight YET TO GET NEXT ON LIST

I CAN GO ON AND ON ABOUT DAY STAR AND I ABSOULUTELY LOVE LOVE DAYSTAR!!!!

DANI

Thanks so much for the responses--I was very tempted by the Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies, but so far I haven't been able to sell any blackberry fragrances--I've tried plain blackberry (can't remember whose), the blackberry from Candle Cocoon that seemed great to everyone, Blackberry Sage, and Lonestar's Blackberry Pie that was also very highly recommended--don't believe I've ever sold even one!! And I loved them all--so I decided to pass on this one, but may not be able to because it does sound so very yummy and I personally love the blackberry scents!

Also, I have the Vanilla Bean Noel from Latherwords--had just thought I'd try this one since it would be available year-round, but may drop it. Does anyone know if the two VBNs are very similar?

Thanks,

Jane

I have both and love them both. I can't get enough of Wendy's VBN. I wished I had ordered more during the pre-buy. Stacy's is very good though. I don't think the Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies is anything close to any other Blackberry scent out there. It smells so good. I just can't get enough of it! All of my customers love it!!!

Ile Flottante is great also. I just poured Carnival Crush and it smells great but haven't burned it yet. I want to order MiMi's Kitchen. It sounds great!

Missy

The VBN from Daystar is as close to the Latherworks VBN that I have found so far. The Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies is fabulous and at first had a hard time selling it, but now it's going just fine. Follow the suggestion of .75 ounce per pound...I poured (3) 6 ounce candles with one ounce, and that baby is STRONG!!! Cute Cabana Boy is a fun fragrance, I really like it. Spice Market is not your typical "sweet spice" but more authentic spices. Brown Sugar & Fig was really nice too. I received a sample of the Orange Chiffon cake but have not poured it yet (that's a present to myself--why do we not pour our favorite scents for our personal use?). I like Turquoise but not everyone "feels" it like I do (right Scented...did you pour it yet sister?).

I like Turquoise but not everyone "feels" it like I do (right Scented...did you pour it yet sister?).

I have become totally addicted to this scent. I put it in soy wax and it throws like crazy. I wouldn't expect that everyone would like this as it's rather unique but I think it's just beautiful. I'd like to soap it next - anyone try it in CP?

I like Turquoise but not everyone "feels" it like I do (right Scented...did you pour it yet sister?).

I have become totally addicted to this scent. I put it in soy wax and it throws like crazy. I wouldn't expect that everyone would like this as it's rather unique but I think it's just beautiful. I'd like to soap it next - anyone try it in CP?

Thank you Rae Ann--I love it too!

I'm getting my first order from them later on today!!! I'm so excited:bliss:

Any thoughts on my choice of samples...?

Bird Of Paradise

Buttercream Frosting

Mint Angel

Southern Seduction

Under the Palm Tree

I saw that the southern seduction made the gag list :shocked2: , so now I'm really curious!

Stacy's Buttercream Frosting is the best around!

Mint Angel is great also - reminds me of an Andes mint

I didn't like Turquoise. It is definitely a unique scent but I just don't care for it.

If you like unique scents, try her Purple Haze, Starry Eyes and Ooh La La. I love these. I made a spray out of Starry Eyes. I just can't get enough of it!

Her Decadent Orange Cake is delicious. It reminds me of Snowtop's Orange Chiffon. Both are great!

I have Stacy's Bird of Paradise and it smells great OOB (just like Circle E's) but I can't get a great throw from it!

Missy

I like Turquoise but not everyone "feels" it like I do (right Scented...did you pour it yet sister?)

You know ... I poured it. Poured lots of it. Anyone want the 8oz or so left lol!! I am still out on what I think. At first it was stanky. It's sat around a little, so I'll have to light it up and see what I think.

I should have just marbled this one and didn't ... darn me! I'm a working towards trying the Volumptuous and Starry Eyes ... now see, that Starry Eyes was more inviting to me lol!

If you sell that baby, you better PM me first. :grin2: I absolutely loved it!!!! And I'm a bakery girl and don't usually like the complex ones.

You know ... I poured it. Poured lots of it. Anyone want the 8oz or so left lol!! I am still out on what I think. At first it was stanky. It's sat around a little, so I'll have to light it up and see what I think.

I should have just marbled this one and didn't ... darn me! I'm a working towards trying the Volumptuous and Starry Eyes ... now see, that Starry Eyes was more inviting to me lol!

I'm getting my first order from them later on today!!! I'm so excited:bliss:

Any thoughts on my choice of samples...?

Bird Of Paradise

Buttercream Frosting

Mint Angel

Southern Seduction

Under the Palm Tree

I saw that the southern seduction made the gag list :shocked2: , so now I'm really curious!

Just got my samples in today...finally! Ok oob I am really unhappy with the scents. Buttercream is not bad, maybe it's just me but I think it kind of smells like Peak's cinnamon buns. Southern seductions smells super strong and I think it will give me a headache! I only got to pour the palm tree and I still wasn't liking it. Hmm I hope it's just the FO's I picked. I hope there's other FO's from there that I will be really pleased with :undecided .

I wouldn't judge her oils OOB, at first I didn't like many of them, but when I put them in wax, it was entirely different opinion. I bought Hey Hey Cute Cabana boy and thought I had gotten bad oil, but put it in wax anyway, and it is so nice (very tropical).