VEGETABLE GLYCERIN in LIP BUTTER???

beau's mama

Hi All

Have any of you ever used VG to sweeten your lip butter? If so, what were the results? How much would you use for 1oz of balm base? VG can get warm which might not be a problem in "certain" situations if you're on the receiving end ;):drool: , but I don't know if I'd want to walk around with hot lips all day!

I'm trying to find an easy & INEXPENSIVE way to sweeten the balms. WSP has some awesome sounding sweetened flavors, but the $$ is a little steep for me because I may not like them. MMS is less, but unsweetened...and that whole "no air shipping" thing pretty much doubles my shipping rate!

Dilemma's NEVER end when you have more time than money!

TIA

Sharon

I don't know if it's what you're looking for but sweetcakes has a natural sweetener for lip balm, just a suggestion.

Hi Cleo

I just came from the site...sounds pretty similar to what I've been using, at least the process is. The whole "stir til cool...then reheat & stir...then stir some more til' your arm falls off" drives me nuts! DH says I look like a mad scientist when I make the lip balm!

Thanks for the response!

Sharon