Decal paper problems

Hi, I've been printing decal labels for my Everlasting candles with my inkjet printer and then sealing with several coats of clear acrylic sealer but whether or not the ink stays on the paper seems to be a hit and miss affair. Some labels come out perfectly after immersing them in water while others just wash away. Has anyone else had this problem? And, more importantly come up with a solution? It's costing me a fortune in time and ink and paper to keep on redoing these things so any help will be greatly appreciated. TIA. Mozz

Hi I do this, You need to get this stuff called workable fixation spray

it's in painting artist area...where artist who chalk or paint or what not, coat their work to keep from bleeding.

and spray at least 10 times in between drying. very important..not one time

spray, let dry half hour, spray again...i do it 10 times..lol just to make sure it's coated very well.

then cut and put in water...and then the paper shall slip away and apply to your candles

HTH

Dani

is clear Acrylic the same as clear Lacquer? Cause i use a clear Lacquer to seal mine and 2-3 coats seem to work fine

edit,

You know sometimes I worry that they may actually be fading from the back side of the paper. I think water can still get through the back side and fade behind the picture too when immersed.