First day results of HUGE two day show - Kinda long - UPDATE Day 2!

Guest EMercier

Guest EMercier

Well, this is a huge show in this area. Most will probably remember that I applied to this show (juried) and go rejected for the Spring (that passed), then I got the lady to reconsider and she loves me! Well, this is the big event, last year I scoped it out and it had lots of traffic. The show has been going on for 28 years. Has a great following and I developed my own. I had people that saw my in the Spring and bought lots from me today. I did around $500 today and that's really good. Hopefully I can duplicate that tomorrow maybe more. Trying to make 10X booth and this is an expensive show. Others weren't having a good time. People were just buying and I sold out of stuff I didn't think would be that well of a reception. I had to do a quick modification on that display. So far, my best selling scent are Lavendar- Orange, Apples and Maple Bourbon, and Clean Cotton. I could not keep Clean Cotton in stock. As far as the Bath and Body, I sold out of my 4 oz sugar scrub/4 oz cocoa butter body cream set. I also sold out of my Refreshing Soap and Stressless soap. Another popular one was Asian Sandalwood. Something new I rolled out was a spa kit. I had bath oil, soap, two 1 oz candles and a cocoa-shea lotion bar. These were made with EO blends. That sold out. I did have people as for shea, so I guess I'll have to work on that. This guy also was gravitated twords me for something for his feet as he jogs and they get rough. He was looking for a salve, I told him I'm expanding this coming year to check back with me. People loved that I was local and this lady gets candles from Arizona and said her friend is a vegan and likes soy candles as well and natural body products. She was excited to see me and bought a good amount from me. Then this lady drilled me about my products, I kinda wanted to tell her, "Lady leave me alone", but she bought 4 of my spa kits, so I wasn't complaining. Well, I'm tired and I have one more day. I just want to duplicate. I'll get there early to post pictures. Until tomorrow . . .

Post #10 has the update.

My photobucket slide show. Enjoy! - I can't seem to post them here.

http://s135.photobucket.com/albums/q129/EMercier/?action=view&current=1165796198.pbw

Guest EMercier

OK, Day two. . .

Today was very slow. I under-estimated day one sales that were close to $600, today $200, so in total about $800. I'm happy with that. It was my first winter show there. The Spring show was my first ever with them. People were looking for me as well today and I had people come back from yesterday. I sold out of a lot of stuff. I had to modify a few displays. My booth was a bit smaller. I had people that said it was crowded, so next year I'll try to get a little bit larger of a space. I had a few inquiries. One lady wanted me to teach soap making classes at a local community center. I thought about it, but she said I can do so for the spring and summer. That is exciting. I also had a lady that wants to put my stuff in her boutique. Then I had a lady that came pass and said she runs a co-op and they lost their candle person. She told me that it's $25 every 6 months, I work once per month and they are open Fri-Sun, and that I take 75% of my sales. I might raise my prices for that. I'm going to raise a few prices, as I've posted here before I've been thinking about it. At least $1 for everything. I also got an older crowd buying from me, which is very weird I've never had that. I had plenty of people that came pass my booth and was like, "Oooo Soy, GOOD!" So I think I have a new base. I also am glad that I've got a new website. Now only if I can get that shopping cart to work (on my to do list for tomorrow). I took home less and I'm happy about that. Accepting CC's really helped and it accounted for $200 of my sales and when people find out they can use CC's they spend more. I'm going to attach pictures to my first post. It's not day 1 pictures, but it's this morning, I sold a whole lot, so it's modified.

Good thing is that I have the stuff ready to go to work tomorrow and this week is pay week, so I'm sure to reach the $1,000 mark!

Off to watch some football to relax.

Guest EMercier
Hey I love your Tart warmer gift sets on your slide show. Where did you find them at they are so cute!

Thanks,

Shawn

I got those from Dollar Tree last year. I have them in a few colors, but just took the white ones. I wish I had cleaned them out. I can still order large quantities so, I'll be placing an order soon, as I only come home with 2 or 3 out of 10.

I just hit a couple of dollar Tree stores the other day after finding out they had tart warmers and could not find any at none of the stores. how can you order large quantities from them especially if you cant find the item at their store? Thanks for the help.

Shawn