I hate winter!

I am having the hardest time testing candles right now. My house is big with lots of hard wood flooring so that mean lots of drafts. I cannot get my house to reach over 69 degrees no matter how high I turn up the heat because of the drafts. We own a HVAC business so this house was just poor placement of ductwork. Well, anyway when I test candles the outside of the candle runs so cool that it tunnels. I burn the same candle in 72 degrees or higher and it burns wonderful. This is truly the joy of soy. This is a major variable with soy wax. I cannot change the wicking for fear if I burn it in warmer temps it will burn to hot. I have at least three more months of this weather to deal with.

Maybe now is the time to start B&B stuff.

That is one of my major peeves with soy...how can you ship a candle when you never know how it will perform in a different environment. Living in FL I have the luxury of having a more stable temp all year round but what happens if someone in PA wants a candle and it is winter!

So many variables...:tongue2:

That is one of my major peeves with soy...how can you ship a candle when you never know how it will perform in a different environment. Living in FL I have the luxury of having a more stable temp all year round but what happens if someone in PA wants a candle and it is winter!

So many variables...:tongue2:

Then they go through what I do.

I am having the hardest time testing candles right now. My house is big with lots of hard wood flooring so that mean lots of drafts. I cannot get my house to reach over 69 degrees no matter how high I turn up the heat because of the drafts. We own a HVAC business so this house was just poor placement of ductwork. Well, anyway when I test candles the outside of the candle runs so cool that it tunnels. I burn the same candle in 72 degrees or higher and it burns wonderful. This is truly the joy of soy. This is a major variable with soy wax. I cannot change the wicking for fear if I burn it in warmer temps it will burn to hot. I have at least three more months of this weather to deal with.

Maybe now is the time to start B&B stuff.

I've had the same problem last week.

I had an 8oz tin I was testing out, the throw wasn't very strong in my sitting room so I tried it in my bathroom. The candle tunnelled all the way to the bottom, I marathon burned it once I saw what was going on, out of curiosity.

Well this candle had been burned twice before just fine except for the throw so i was very puzzled to see it tunnelling so badly, but now I have the answer.

It was a particularly cold day & my bathroom is unheated so now I'm thinking that's why it burned so badly. I'll not test anything in there if it's too cold, it's bad enough going for a pee, you don't want to stay too long!

Sally.

ETA It was Ecosoya CBA in my tin.