Selling to other Candlemakers...

Kelly

Yes, I would sell supplies, at the high craft store prices, but not sell my own wax blend. I would not disclose any of the wax I use (not even a straight or pre-blend) so I would not sell the wax, just the other supplies. I don't want to give out any info of any wax I use.

Yes, I would sell supplies, at the high craft store prices, but not sell my own wax blend. I would not disclose any of the wax I use (not even a straight or pre-blend) so I would not sell the wax, just the other supplies. I don't want to give out any info of any wax I use.

That wasn't the question.

To answer the question, yes, I would. Just like selling to a customer.

Absolutely! As the others have said, why not? If you are confident in your products there is no reason to feel scared to sell to another candle maker, I agree with the others if its a matter of you thinking they will steal your recipe I doubt they could even figure out what it is.:wink2: I like to burn other candle makers candles sometimes also...sure does beat wal-mart candles and sometimes they have scents I like that I don't carry myself.:grin2:

I've never made a pillar, yet I love them and have friends who do also. I'd rather give a gift of something someone prefers. I've bought one or two pillars from folks whose work I've seen online and have been much happier with my personal use of them and much prouder of the gifts I give. I can get a much nicer pillar online (even with shipping) than I can here.

I bought one of Donita's "tidepool" candles for my personal use. Sure, I would love to know how to make those, but figure it's much better to buy one of hers. Who has time to learn how to make everything? Not me.

I'd hate for someone to tell me to go make one myself. Same with some of the cp soaps I've bought at shows and online.

I haven't sold anything to anyone here, but I have bought plenty from people I trust on here. I have bought for other members ( secret buddy program, christmas gifts) from other members here and they have always been pleased.

Candleman- Why the hell would we want your formula?? You act like you have a TOP SECRET wax forumla that is gonna make you millions with the way you wrote that. Geesh!

That wasn't the question.

To answer the question, yes, I would. Just like selling to a customer.

Sorry, They did not say which so I answewed about supplies.

Now that I know the question is about finished product my answer is NO!!!

Wholesale for retail stores yes but NO to other candlers.

Why would you not sell one of your candles to another chandler? Actually on another note..how would you even know if you did sell to another chandler? Just curious to your reasoning on this one.:undecided

Sure Would! I buy Yanekee's YC Collection when new fragrances come out to get my dupes, plus I have to say that collection is the only one I'm pleased with. I just purchased a "Nature's Finest" Beeswax (blend) Collection "Cinnamon Clove" to test. $9.99 Canadian for 255 grams. Huge flame height right from the start regardless if I trimmed the wick (3 times). Not impressed with the hot scent throw either.

Scratching head, and pondering possible motivation for a NO answer?

That said, how would you even know? <heading off to plot purchase...>