Tried Whipped Nizzy

CareBear

Well, this one seems it will be a disaster. First, I whip away and all looks good. I add in the lye sol'n and looking purty! Then I divide and start stirring in the color. Find big chunks of solid palm oil! Drat. But I did a 6% superfat so I figure maybe I can fish them out and still be ok. I finish coloring my two halves and glop it into my kelsei (saran on the bottom, dividers oiled). Clean up the kitchen and there's my FO - sitting right next to the sink. Double drat. Oh and I didn't oil the SIDES of the mold so that might be a problem. Triple drat?

Oh well, it's my first attempt...

Sorry to hear about that. Hope it won't discourage you from trying again. I made it once, the only thing I didn't like, was cutting it, it was a PITA, nothing like regular CP. Will be interested to hear how it comes out of the Kelsei, so don't forget to post pics. :D

I have to know , what is "whipped nizzy"?

Nizzy is the website and recipe posted for whipped soap. I believe that he is from Australia. You can google him and check out his website. He has the art of whipped soap mastered.

Whipped soap is a different than CP because you use your blender to incorporate air. The soap will float and it more like whipped cream.

HTH.

Jennifer

D-I-S-A-S-T-E-R. Didn't have lumps broken up completely - so tiny spots of palm oil. Accidentally subbed castor oil for coconut oil - so soft and sticky soap. For some reason my Select Shades that was supposed to go purple stayed a weird yellow-green, and the green portion was a very faint gray-green.

T-R-A-S-H

(sorry camera is broken!)

But I did grease up the kelsei pretty good with mineral oil, so they came out of the mold ok after (oops) 48 hours.

Eeek, I was going to use his recipe with mostly palm, olive and castor. 80% palm, 10% castor and 10% olive. Should I not do that? I have been whipping my palm for about 3 hours, its not getting any harder, even after putting it in the freezer. Its the stir kind. Should I switch it to lard or tallow. I really wanted to make some whipped nizzy tonight.

With the bit of experimenting that I have done with whipped soap... I would use the oils that he suggests. The properties in others is not the same and it turns out strange if you don't.

I used the Crisco recipe on his site (the one that he lists for people that live in the US). That one worked well.

When we CP we can use any oil that you want, in my experience with whipping soap you cannot just sub like you normally could.

Brenda- if you have experienced something different pipe in will you? :)