Has it finally come down to this?

sockmonkey

This forum was not designed to be a sounding board for vendors.

The supplier name was intentionally left out because the topic was about the sad state of affairs we are in, when it becomes necessary to offer insurance to provide consumers confidence that they will get what they order.

The insurance the supplier offers is optional--no one is required to buy it. Obviously, the supplier must have thought it was a good idea, or stood to make money off of it, otherwise he wouldn't be offering it.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you go to Buysafe's website, they have a section of faqs for sellers.

Apparently the seller has to pay a bond to get the protection offered to customers. Sellers don't make any money off the deal, they pay. It also appeals to the seller by saying that the customer will have confidence in buying from them once they are a bonded seller. It is presented as they wouldn't get the Buysafe approval if they didn't have a good customer service record--Buysafe inspects before giving them the seal and the seller becoming bonded.

I feel that is the aspect that Candlemaker's Store was looking at. I think they feel it would make buyers feel more secure that they were bonded. I can't see any seller offering something that would make them look irresponsible. None of us would do that. I think you will see the other side of the coin if you read the faqs they have posted.

You can see how Buysafe presents to sellers at this link:

http://www.buysafe.com/seller_solutions/seller_faqs.html#bondedseller

I order from Steve and have never had an issue.. always bent over backwards to help. When that zoovy did not record my freebie they called before they shipped to make sure I got my choice. They are the last company to need insurance for poor customer service. If you want to order their product, give them a call and let them know what you think of the insurance.. I'm sure it was never meant the way it is being perceived.

I order from here all the time. I placed an order last week and noticed that option which I chose not to buy the extra insurance. Low and behold I got my order (case of body spray) and one of gallons had somehow leaked into the box. I don't know if it was the it was packed or the way UPS handled it but I emailed them and they are replacing what was lost which is about a 1/2 gallon.