Just when you think.....

elitenaildesign

you are kind of getting this soaping down, it just blows up in your face. If you saw my soap in the gallery "Be delicious" it looks pretty decent. Well it did mot seem as if it was setting up the way I thought, so hey "lets put it in the oven for a while on 150 and see what happens" . Well its several hrs later and its gellin like no other and a horrible color with a ton of crappy ash all over the top. I am not too worried about the color of the soap, but the ash is going to ruin my swirlies. I just want to cry like a baby right now:cry2: I made this for a swap using Darwins recipe. I think I need to go back to the basics and use VERY simple recipes.

That doesn't look like ash, that's what my soaps look like when they come out of the oven. I don't put soap in the oven much anymore.

Let's see what it looks like tomorrow.

Yeah, I was gonna say the same thing. That doesn't look like ash to me. That looks like the soap overheated a bit to me. Did you leave the oven on the whole "couple of hours"? Usually a warm oven for just an hour and then turn it off but leave the soap in there should do the trick. Leaving it too hot for too long can result in that, or something even worse. You could get a "volcano" affect where the soap actally expands and climbs out of the mold or takes on an affect called "alien brains" which actually looks like brains with whatever color the soap is. lol

Your soap will be fine and still be soap so I wouldn't worry about it too much. :)

Oh, I don't think that was ash! Sometimes, once the soap cools you get a really different look. Once, my son left the oven on ALL NIGHT. My soaps had this "cooked" look on top and I had to cut those suckers as SOON as they were cool enough to handle. But ... they were perfectly usable ... lucky him!

Barbara