Flavored Body Melts?????????

I can see doing a bath melt modified for body - with flavor. But never a wax one. Bath melts melt with body heat, for wax you need another hotter source...

BTW using soy wax as a hand-dip is dangerous enough, pouring it onto someone's back... not MY back, no matter what anyone says!

Danger Will Robinson, Danger!

I THOUGTH THE SAME THING. THEY SAID THEY HAD BOUGHT A SOY LOW MELT CANDLE. SOMETHING ABOUT IT DONT HEAT UP REAL HOT. I THINK SHE SAID SHE USED A CANDLE HEATER LIKE THE ONES YOU BUY AT WAL MART. SHE SAID THAT THEY LOVED IT. THEY SOY WAS GREAT FOR SKIN.

JUST ASKING IF ANYONE HAD HEARD OF THEM:undecided . IM CONFUSED???????????

Southerncandles, typing in all upper-case is considered shouting and is also considered quite rude. Plus it's hard to read. If you need bigger fonts to make reading easier I suggest you click on "View" and then 'Text size" at the top of your web page and adjust the size that way.

Southerncandles, typing in all upper-case is considered shouting and is also considered quite rude. Plus it's hard to read. If you need bigger fonts to make reading easier I suggest you click on "View" and then 'Text size" at the top of your web page and adjust the size that way.
I never consider upper case rude or shouting. You can clearly tell if someone is shouting or not. I consider shouting by the context of the sentence and if the sentence is punctuated with an ! or many !!!!! I have quite a few elderly customers who ALWAYS type in upper case. All have said the same thing- that it is easier for the eyes to see.

This is one I have seen...and it is soy wax

304_sm.jpg Body Massage Candle - Almond

$15.00

Light this candle to envelop the room with scent and begin to set the mood. Once the wax has melted, use it as a warm oil for an all over massage. Or, use the wax cold as a scented massage cream. The Body Massage Candle is a relaxing addition to any evening. Available in Almond, Chocolate Dream and Cucumber Melon scents. (6 oz)

You can get food grade paraffin that is just as edible as any soy. It's what you put in it and how sterile you produce it that changes everything about that. If you want to make an edible candle type product- you would use Essential oils and NOT fragrance. And probably not any color as well... I notice that one pictured does not look colored. I would guess they use soy for the one pictured because it's softer and probably add in extra oils like Coconut oil to keep it a soft solid and thats why you can use it as a cold cream. Other products i've seen explicitly say, blow out candle and wait 15 mins for wax to cool before using as a lotion. The only 'Danger' is in not following the directions... as with anything.

If you ask me, this is just hype. ANY hot... warm... or whatever- wax on the skin is going to exfoliate that top layer and leave an temporary nice feel. How did soy ever get to be the only one they sell these in if they have already had paraffin hand dips for YEARS? Hand is skin right? Again, ANY thing poured on and peeled off is going to have the same effect. Is it more 'good' for the skin? I can't answer that as I have never seen any studies or proof, just marketing hype. If it isn't 'BAD' ... they can say it's Good.

I've heard stories of strippers who do performances for bachelor parties using a candle in the final part of the show to pour all over them selves and make a wax cast of their privates, lol.... I think it was normal tapers- pink or red colored too I was told- yuck if you ask me, but I wasn't there, I swear! Lol, so i don't know! (not yelling, lol. By the way, it's been proven that small print is easier ... meaning 'Faster' to read than large print. Large print is visualized easier, but not read by the brain easier if that makes sense. But im sure the difference is so minute no one probably notices- just thought I'd throw that in:grin2: . And I don't consider all caps as yelling either. To me that is just a silly throw back from aol chat rooms where someone came up with that. If I say 'HOW ARE YOU, NICE TO SEE YOU. I LIKE YOUR HAT.' are you really going to think i'm yelling? Seriously. It's all about tone and not being overly sensitive. Just my very humble opinion though.)