Just learned a lesson

After struggling all day yesterday - geez, till like midnight! - to get just 2 nice red, watermelon votives I finally had 2 to light this morning (testing burn, not throw). They drowned. It was sad. Tried two different wicks - ugh.

That wax had been through so much, and I was soooo tired of watermelon anyway - I tossed 'em. Wanted to toss in the towel

Then I read more and realized that color and/or FO also impact the burn and the wick. Made two uncolored, no FO - and those came out ok (with a little help from a heat gun). Burning beautifully too.

Lessons learned...

1. Perseverance pays

2. Start simple

Lessons Learned:

3. A votive must be burned in a votive cup or holder, not freestanding.

Just teasing, my cousin was testing one for me and when I asked her how it did, she said smelled great but lasted 10 minutes and ran all over her counter. See how smart you are getting! Carole

CB that's one of the reasons I don't usually colour my soy, I'm getting good with wicking them with FO in, throwing dye into the equation just might tip the balance, that & the fact that you don't see the colour in a tin!

I have a couple of jars just for myself that I experiment with dye & fo in but they're just my little bit of playtime & if I get the desired result it's a bonus.

Tho' I do keep notes on them.

Keep it simple for now & when your confident that they work try again with colour.

Have fun.

Sally.

Lessons Learned:

3. A votive must be burned in a votive cup or holder, not freestanding.

Just teasing, my cousin was testing one for me and when I asked her how it did, she said smelled great but lasted 10 minutes and ran all over her counter. See how smart you are getting! Carole

Obviously you saw my other question -

>>>>>>>>>>running off to empty shiny pebbles out of only votive holder and put votive in it!>>>>>>>>