Soy swirl attempt

tamsoycandles

Playing around with trying to get some "swirl" look on a candle jar. Here's the result:

[ATTACH]10232[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]10233[/ATTACH]

I poured the bottom uncolored, very thick. Topped with equally thick colored wax. Then went at it with a popsicle stick scraping the sides and trying not to introduce air pockets. It was a trick timing the wax consistency and pouring two colors at equal stages of "slushy".

The top was a mess, so it took some time with the hair dryer (need heat gun!) to fix.

She's a keeper. Still ain't burned her yet. She's too pretty and smells just fine as she is.

post-2472-139458418952_thumb.jpg

post-2472-139458418955_thumb.jpg

Plumeria is the scent.

Yes, please do post yours!

Tony

:grin2:

Can I say that great minds think alike or would that be insulting? I've been playing around with swirlies in my candles, too. Am trying a slightly different technique -- will post those in a bit.

The candle looks really nice, by the way :yay: What's the scent?

yours and spacegirl looks alot better than my 1st attempt..

i only had dye block so i melted a bit in the microwave(that part worked good) poured wax a little to warm ( i think) but a few drops in and then i way over stirred.. then used heat gun, and made them look really good..but when they cooled they went back to ugly:laugh2:

check out this site for swirls..

http://www.kathrinescandles.com/Scented_Candles.htm

thats the look i like, what do you think? look at the purple one far right..love it...i have bought from this lady, nice candles, but soot alot..those jars are i think 22 or 24 oz. for 14.95,