Bouncing Lye

soycrazy

Dryer sheets are you friends when dealing with lye!

I take a sheet and rub the rim oh my lye container and also the Solo cup that I am pouring into...no problems since!

Yup. I rub all around the inside, outside, and rim several times and don't have a problem. And that, and the cup is thrown into a garbage bag that I immediately take outside to the big trash can along with the newspaper from under the scale :D

I'm the odd duck here. I was tired of the lye jumping around and the dryer sheets just didn't do a very good job so I started to weigh my lye directly into the water.

I put the container on the scale and weigh out the water, then tare the scale and weigh out the lye. I am very careful not to go over and I don't have to worry about the lye jumping around anymore.

Yup. I rub all around the inside, outside, and rim several times and don't have a problem. And that, and the cup is thrown into a garbage bag that I immediately take outside to the big trash can along with the newspaper from under the scale :D
I do it the exact same way.