My sad attempt at a simultaneous pour

It holds a 2lb oil batch with room for full water/lye.

Carrie,

Your soaps look very pretty cut. I'm confused on this statement. Do you mix your oils and water/lye in the actual tube? Maybe I need to go back to bed and nurse this headache :laugh2: think I'm imagining things.

They look soft and pretty. It's kind of difficult (for me) to get really great swirls with the round molds. I asked if you always covered it because I never used my cover because I was afraid it might pop open so I covered it with press and seal wrap:D

Carrie,

Your soaps look very pretty cut. I'm confused on this statement. Do you mix your oils and water/lye in the actual tube? Maybe I need to go back to bed and nurse this headache :laugh2: think I'm imagining things.

no no no, sorry i stated that a little weird. I just didnt want anyone thinking it held only 2lbs of wet soap. It holds about 52oz total.

I think those are pretty cool. Did you not go through the gel stage? I'm asking, because I have tubes I thought about using, but then thought the heat might warp them so I've done nothing with them.

It holds up just fine. I have had some other batches get real hot with both caps on, because I added clay, and it still held up fine.

I like those a lot, I'm not sure what you were looking for?

I have some round tube molds, but I never use the top/lid, just the bottom (of course).

Thanks for the link to the samples, I just ordered. :)

I was trying for a each side to be one solid color. :undecided

They look soft and pretty. It's kind of difficult (for me) to get really great swirls with the round molds. I asked if you always covered it because I never used my cover because I was afraid it might pop open so I covered it with press and seal wrap:D

I have never had a problem with these type of caps poping off. It does sometimes get too hot if my recipe included clay or milk, and you can see wet spots of condensation forming.

Those caps are snug, so snug that sometimes I cant pull them off if I pour all the way to the very edge. I wish I could buy thousands of these and make round soap exclusively. Uline has them much cheaper than the company we are all getting samples from quoted me. Maybe we can do a co op on them.

http://www.uline.com/Browse_Listing_3651.asp

I agree. I love round soap and would definitely be interested in a co op. Maybe one of those nice co op queens will see this and become just as interested. These are certainly better than the old pringle can and the plastic bottle experiment because they release so easily. I have difficulty taking the caps off and putting them on, they are just that snug but in one experiment I made a mistake and there was a terrible mess. But then I shouldn't have been doing strange things with my recipe:laugh2: