Gathering in Ft. Wayne, IN

Ruby

I seriously doubt many people will go. I expect it will get canceled like it did last year. The people running it need to get a clue. Renting out a convention center for an event that doesn't even draw 1,000 people is a really dumb idea.

I would love to go, but with what they're charging there is no way. I don't want to attend an 2-day event in Ft. Wayne of all places. Tickets are $150, and from the program on their website I don't see anything that would warrant me forking over my money. It's April already and they hardly have any vendors, and they don't mention what any of the mini-workshops will be.

Something is wrong with their logic in my opinion. The first year they had it what was admission $60 or so? I'm sure attendance wasn't stellar with it being their first year. The second year got canceled with little or no explanation. This year they decide to hold a 2-day event and charge $150. What's wrong with them?

I would love to go to this, it is only about 30 min. drive for me, so no hotel. I am having a hard time with the $150 too, and their site doesn't have much info on it about events. I have never been to a convention yet, any good recommendations? Doglover gave me the link for the Chicago one, who knows. I don't want to go all over the country, not in the budget right now, but I know these shows will be invaluable to go to.

I would love to go to this, it is only about 30 min. drive for me, so no hotel. I am having a hard time with the $150 too, and their site doesn't have much info on it about events. I have never been to a convention yet, any good recommendations? Doglover gave me the link for the Chicago one, who knows. I don't want to go all over the country, not in the budget right now, but I know these shows will be invaluable to go to.

I don't know anything about this show so I can't comment either way, but I will say the Chicago show is well run, very very nice and you'll have lots of fun and get lots of goodies. It is a great show.

Janis Rogers

I don't know anything about this show so I can't comment either way, but I will say the Chicago show is well run, very very nice and you'll have lots of fun and get lots of goodies. It is a great show.

Janis Rogers

OMG I thought the Chicago one was soooooooooooooooo disorganized!

I am not attending either of these events.

I usually am a conference whore, but the only thing I find them truly useful for is socialization and partying. Free shipping and good prices when the vendors set up. Plus you can smell all the scents they carry, usually. I have a collection of goodie bags, but you can only have so many samples, you know? The Chicago conference was a yawn, the guest speaker drove me nuts and the whole thing was not very organized. I met many a CTer at that one, I tell you. :) Good times!

The best *ever* conference I went to cost me 10.00 plus a dish to pass.

Kimberly and I drove there, it was the CNY Soapmakers Conference. This was a learning event. Good people, great conversation and fabulous, real food. Awesome sales too! Just like a big classified ad without the shipping. The goodie bags were stellar, and the prizes were out of this world. I definitely will be attending that one this year. Maybe the Ohio one as well, so we can stop at WSP and OBN. :grin2: