Ecoysoya Pure Soy?

I am just starting to test this. I poured 2 straight Pure Soy containers yesterday (a square mason and a 16 oz Elite Ball Jar). The Ball jar had very little frosting, maybe because it cooled slower (I poured at 125). The Mason jar frosted a bit more (poured at 125, but cooled quicker). I will try pouring the mason a bit warmer the next time to see if cooling slower is what helps eliminate the frosting.

Also, wicking. I used a CD 20 for the 16 oz Ball and a 51-32-18z and need to wick up on both of them. I used a 60-44-18z for the 8 oz square mason and it still wasn't burning right. I may try a CD in that one and a CD22 on the 16 oz Ball.

Just wondering what everyone elses' results were with this wax. I am also thinking about using the Ecosoya Pillar Blend for votives and melts.

Thanks,

Steph

After a lot of talking to myself, I am going to stick with the ecosoya, overall I get great results. In the square masons I use a lx26, sometimes a htp 105. I have the Ball Platinums and on Tuesday ordered large wicks because I dont want to double wick the 16 ounce. So I have been held up a little, I could I guess test some fragrances in my square masons, but I am dying to get to the platinums, wish ups man would get here.

After reading the poll on wax I dont think the ecosoya is real popular but it what I started with so I decided not to change.

HTH

Natalie

Thanks for the tips. Where did you order your Platinum Jars from? I have tried the CD 22 in them and it got a full mp, but I think I may need to try something bigger yet. I will be ordering samples of HTP's and Paper core soon.

I will try heating my jars and pouring a bit hotter. I really want to make this work because I can get it locally.

Steph

The pint platinum jars are at walmart, I have only seen the 1/2 pint platinums at fillmore container. I received my lx 28's and eco 14's today, and I will test soon. I have some cd 20's I need to try them in a smaller container I think I have only tried them once or twice.

CS told me today that I could add my FO at 180 in the ecosoya today, I guess they have been doing some testing, then pour at 130 or so. I might try that.

Natalie

Duh, I realized after I posted that you were waiting for the wicks and not the jars.

The CD 22's still aren't quite big enough, so I will order samplers of HTP's and Paper to see how they do. I will try adding the FO a bit higher and pouring a bit warmer and see how that goes.

Steph

I currently use the ecosoya's pb for pillars and tarts. I like it overall and haven't had any problems that I can think of. I'm fairly new at the entire thing however. For the pillars my biggest problem was getting a big enough wick...I started out using the the same ones I used for my first paraffin candles LOL. :) I suppose I should have read more first! :D

I started out using EcoSoya CB. Then went to the EcoSoya CB Adv. I learned to add fragrance oil at 160 to 170. Stir really good. Then let cool to 135 before pouring. I tend to pour a little too fast sometimes. They come out better when I pour slower.