Wicking and a silicone mould

Hiya, I asked a question about using a wick pin on a silicone mould once before and was advised to make the hole after.

Well it was just too hard once the wax had set solid.

The mould I've got is a large muffin mould, inside it has a little circle that I think is where the wick goes, but it doesn't go all the way through, so isn't a hole.

I'm scared to make a hole in it incase I'm not supposed to, but don't know how to make a hole for the wick otherwise.

Hi Janet,

thanks for that,

I got to thinking, I've got 2 metal sticks, not sure if they are wick pins, they aren't sharp at the end, I use them with mould sealer to fasten the wick around, so what I did was put one across the top of the mould with sealer, and put one inside the indentation (fit perfect) and fasten that against the one on the top with mould sealer.

Hopefully I'll be able to pull it out after lol.

I've put some pre-made choc chips in, so going to pour that paraffin at 160 in an attempt to not melt these.

thanks xx

I think we can make de-moulding a word. I leave it until the candle feels cool to the touch. I don't want to leave it in too long just in case the scent from the candle starts to attack the silicone.

Your muffin is gorgeous. Hope you manage to wick okay.

Cheers.

Lisa

I use an embroidery needle to thread my wicking then put the needle thru the mold..after I make the first hole in the silicone it's a piece of cake from there..that's the only way I wick my candles made in silicone molds that will keep the wicks straight..