Your dream body lotion

Ok, my previous thread was deleted, so, let's restructure this as strictly a "for information purposes only" type of thread.

If you had a "perfect" hand and body lotion, what would some of the properties be (moisturizing, non greasy, etc)? In addition, what would some of the ingredients be (Jojoba Oil, Shea Butter)?

Come on, folks. Let's get this party started. Let's start with butters, then, once we figure out what we want in terms of butters, let's work our way into the oils.

Let's go for a high end, luxury body lotion here, everyone. What butters would you use? What are our options and what are the pros and cons?

-Shea Butter

-Cocoa Butter

-Almond Butter

-Avocado Butter

-Mango Butter

Thoughts? Am I missing some nice, high end options?

Don't you remember this thread you started the other day? I think people provided some ideas there.

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50996

Have you ever used any of the butters you are inquiring about? What do you think are the pros and cons of each?

You can find plenty of information about their properties at numerous supplier sites, as well as unlimited varieties of "high end" options for additives.

I hate being drug over to this section but since I have been several times today I am going to give you my opinion of dream lotions.

There is no such animal! It is like wax what one person may like and what another person likes will very a lot.

I have tried lotions that people rave about and I hate it. I have found lotions I love and other people don't think much of it.

So in my opinion there is no such thing as the perfect lotion for everyone.

But, theoretically, if there were a lotion that were Ultra Moisturizing, absorbed quickly, was silky but not greasy, and lasted for 24 hours, most people would agree it would be the "perfect" lotion.

The problem is, though, it appears that most of those qualities are mutually exclusive.

But, theoretically, if there were a lotion that were Ultra Moisturizing, absorbed quickly, was silky but not greasy, and lasted for 24 hours, most people would agree it would be the "perfect" lotion.

yup you've answered your own question - you've nailed my perfect lotion. as for ingredients? well I guess whatever it takes to get there.