Bought a Milky Way Bath Bomb Press...

Michele

Just got it yesterday and I am a little concerned as my BB's are usually 3 inches in diameter and I was using the hand press method with the XMas ornament. I average about 55 -80 BB order per week and obviously that method was not going to work anymore.

My concern is that these are egg size and quite small, does anyone have any experience with this press and what are your thoughts? I have not played yet so just curious.

Thanks!

I have a press. What size did you order?

I think that the largest 'regular' size that they have that is not a special order is 70mm. You can just over fill the cylinder so the center is a bit longer if you want them to weigh the same as the 80mm ones.

I haven't had a lot of time to play with mine with the store opening on Sat. If you had a recipe that you were using prior to the press I doubt that it will work. The concept is totally different. The first three batches with the press turned out beautifully then the other times that I have tried it was very frustrating. Now that I have enough product made for the shop I will take on the task of tweaking recipes until I can find the one that works the best for me with the press.

Have fun! :)

Jennifer

Thank you for the input and I bought the Mini Ball and I am very dissapointed. My recipe is very unique and my customers LOVE it. Sure enough I tried it in the press and it just cracked and was a mess. You obviously cannot have much oil in the material and I use 3 oils. Yikes!

I called Ron Jonas this morning and asked about returning it and I am going to be hit with a 40.00 return charge plus shipping which is another 25.00. He tried to get me to go with the large one but that is 700.00 and I can't even use my recipe - no thanks. They do not state that on the site and it is VERY misleading and quite frankly I am really peeved *argh*!!!!