Sweet Orange & Chili Pepper

You actually smell a spicy orange in this? All I get is pure fresh juicy oranges...and same with anyone else I've had smell it. I wish I could smell a chili pepper scent in there...

ditto that, I just received my sample today and all I smell is sweet oranges. :confused:

I used the SOCP in 70/30 and 50/50 in candles and can definately smell the spice with a very strong orange. It's almost too strong for me so next time I pour it I'm cutting back the fo%.

Now, why is it that it was not strong enough for me or my friend that tested it in the 70/30? :confused: I am bummed. I used 8% and added the FO at 175 as usual and do not recall the wicks being too small (weak). Did you test it in the main part of your house or in a room or a room with the door shut? I notice some people here will test scents in a room with the door shut. I never do this, because if it will not travel at all, I usually do not go with it. Maybe I will test burn it again -- more cure time -- even though my nose does not usually notice much difference with "cure time." I do not recall a fuel smell. I do feel like there was more orange than spice (I picked up a little bit of spice - chilli pepper). It smells good but not strong enough for me. :undecided

Now, why is it that it was not strong enough for me or my friend that tested it in the 70/30? :confused: I am bummed. I used 8% and added the FO at 175 as usual and do not recall the wicks being too small (weak). Did you test it in the main part of your house or in a room or a room with the door shut? I notice some people here will test scents in a room with the door shut. I never do this, because if it will not travel at all, I usually do not go with it. Maybe I will test burn it again -- more cure time -- even though my nose does not usually notice much difference with "cure time." I do not recall a fuel smell. I do feel like there was more orange than spice (I picked up a little bit of spice - chilli pepper). It smells good but not strong enough for me. :undecided

Hey Holly, in the 70/30 I add my FO as soon as I fill the pour pot (usually at 190 or 185 and it needs stirred and stirred...don't know why but it was really hard to incorporate so you may want to try adding the FO at a bit higher temp. I added my color after I was sure all the oil was mixed in.

In both the 70/30 and the 50/50 I had a good throw (in very large open rooms) within 48 hours and after a week or two, it was ultra strong!