Room Spray

DeJae

Can you guys help me out here, is this normal?

I am mixing the 6:1 ratio of cyclo to FO for a room spray. Can you tell me is it normal that as it sits in its own bottles, it starts to seperate?

Is there something I can add that will stop the seperating?

Thanks you guys are soooo great!

I've used Sweet Almond Oil to help... first mix the carrier oil, such as SAO, with the Fragrance. Stir well. Then mix your SAO and FO combo with the Cyclo to help. I package in blue cobalt bottles so you can't see the separation if it does happen, and put "Shake well" on the bottle.

So you would do 1 part FO, 1 part SAO (or FCO, etc) to 5 part Cyclo.

6 (SAO + Cyclo): 1 (FO)

Shucks, no FCO in house, but on order....with the Co-Op

Oh well....

How much do you add per?

Thanks all

Search Cyclo in the B&B section, you will find your answer.

To use the search there are 2 ways. One is at the top right of the main page in the blue bar. The second way is in each section, look up in the upper right and click on search this forum or search this thread.

I'm not trying to be rude. I'm just trying to help you learn how to use this board better.

I just had to add my experience in here. I mixed my spray without the FCO and just put a note to shake well before using. Its a dry spray and I like that.

I added the FCO and sprayed. NOT a good idea on hard wood floors. I took a step across the floor and almost went flying. I had to wipe the light oil film off the floor.

Anyone else experience this by adding FCO?

Jami: I experience that on my linoleum using just straight cyclo but I don't have nice hardwood floors.

Candle Man: You reminded me of Simon Cowell when you said "I'm not trying to be rude". Made me giggle a little, anyway, I wanted to say that not everyone is good at searching. I stink and searching the forums, google, you name it. I'm just being honest.

CandleMan (Simon :) ),

Thank you for your input, much appreciated.

I did do a quick search but didn't get an answer that made me feel like I had an understanding, not to mention that I wanted to give a few of these to a friend to test for me and she was leaving tonight, so I did the emergency thing....and asked for help and got it as usual because the people on here are just great!!!! Thanks all, you to Simon! hehehe