ISO A Gentle Facial Soap Recipe

ladysj

I'm sure there is probably one in the recipe section but I am totally clueless :undecided as to how I would find it. If anyone has one they would like to share it would be greatly appreciated or if they can point me in the right direction in the recipe section.

What type of skin are you wanting it for, normal, dry, oily?

I get my face soap from michelleb on this board. It's pureed carrots, honey, and goats milk. Very similiar to Burts Bee's facial soap- but so much better. But I have super dry skin. This soap is the BOMB!!

A very basic OO soap (castile) is gentle to the skin.

I just can't stand the slime/snot factor they have.

For dry skin I guess I should clarified. I can't stand the slime feel of castile either. Maybe I'll experiment and see what I can come up with and do more research to see what works best for dry skin.

Thanks Carrie I'll try that one. I have to get some RBO though. Not sure if I can find it locally. Do you think that Avocado would be a good substitute? I'll check the SAP's on these 2 oils. I copied this recipe from the oily/acne skin you posted in the gallery. I never thought about just eliminating the clay.:)

Thanks Carrie I'll try that one. I have to get some RBO though. Not sure if I can find it locally. Do you think that Avocado would be a good substitute? I'll check the SAP's on these 2 oils. I copied this recipe from the oily/acne skin you posted in the gallery. I never thought about just eliminating the clay.:)

i am not sure if Avocado will be the same. but I choose Rice Bran since its suppose to have almost the exact same qualities as Olive Oil and its very gentle, I think Robin uses RBO as her base in her regular soap and doesnt use OO at all.

I get my face soap from michelleb on this board. It's pureed carrots, honey, and goats milk. Very similiar to Burts Bee's facial soap- but so much better. But I have super dry skin. This soap is the BOMB!!

I just purchased carrot juice to experiment with. I want to see if it will add anything to my formulas other than color. Is there a huge difference between regular gm-honey and gm-honey with carrots added?

I just purchased carrot juice to experiment with. I want to see if it will add anything to my formulas other than color. Is there a huge difference between regular gm-honey and gm-honey with carrots added?

IMO, the addition of carrot makes the soap richer and almost like lotion in feel when it lathers. Hard to describe. But there is a distinct difference in my skin once I rinse it off. Not drying, very smooth and soft.

Could also be the goats milk. The Burts Bee's version isn't as moisturizing compared to this soap.