Finally had to throw a batch of soap in the trash

SheilaW

I have been wanting to make salt bars since the first time I saw them and finally got around to it. I just made a 1 lb batch, 14oz coconut and 2oz castor. Put it in a warm oven to make sure it gelled pulled it out while it was still warm and it was a beautiful shade of pale blue scented Tropical Island.

The problem was that it was sooo crumbly, I couldn't cut it . I had added a bit over a lb of salt so I thought maybe that was too much and since I hate to throw anything away that can be rebatched I thought that I would make a 3lb regular batch and just add my crumbles to it. Ha NOT so. It still crumbled like mad and the lather that is suppose to be creamy was nonexsistant. Without a doubt it was the worse soap ever:( I went back to the soap dish and re-read everything I could find again and low and behold it say's to NOT use DEAD sea salt. Duh, don't know how I missed that. So anyway for all you that want to make salt bars just use the cheaper sea salt instead of the Dead sea salt. I left it sitting on the counter for 4 days hoping it would get better ( it was cpop) and it really hurt to drop it into the trash:cry2: