what's up with USPS?

cybersix

Hi all, I'm desperate!! I'm waiting for two parcels from your country, one was sent on april and one in the first days of june. I asked to send the first with the old "economy" mail, the second was sent with the "new " first class mail...

I know the old economy could take a month to arrive, for the first class they say time "varies"...

I thought all the changes in the postal system could cause delays, but where are my boxes??? They aren't trackable, so now what??

:cry2:

I wish I could do something!

I'm so sad!

Sorry for the rant, but if any of you knows about delays and such please let me know!!

How long do parcels from the US normally take to get to you? Because I'm thinking it shouldn't be so slow, as I've sent things to UK before and they took one week, and Italy isn't much further.

The sender should be able to give you the customs number, it starts with LC...

This number would be on their receipt when they paid at the post office. If you go to the corresponding site which processes parcels on the Italian side, and input this number in their tracking system, you might be able to get some additional information. It may not work, but it's worth a try.

How long do parcels from the US normally take to get to you? Because I'm thinking it shouldn't be so slow, as I've sent things to UK before and they took one week, and Italy isn't much further.

The sender should be able to give you the customs number, it starts with LC...

This number would be on their receipt when they paid at the post office. If you go to the corresponding site which processes parcels on the Italian side, and input this number in their tracking system, you might be able to get some additional information. It may not work, but it's worth a try.

I can't track here what was sent there!!

before USPS changed its system an economy parcel could take a month to arrive, but it happened that I had economy parcels before airmail parcels.

I took 1 month as step. The new first class mail doesn't say how much time it will take. it says it varies.

it's less then a month for the second package so I have still hopes, but the first is somewhere lost from april!! that's unbelievable. The boxes don't contain any "dangerous" items neither oils. Italian customs contacts me ususally when they have a box sent to me and they want to clarify the content. But this time I didn't hear from them.

I'm out of almost $80!!!

The new first class mail doesn't say how much time it will take. it says it varies.

I think the timing should still be the same, they're probably just saying that now to cover their backside, as they have no control over how long it takes once it leaves the country. I think there is still hope for the 2nd package. But for the 1st package, can you contact the seller and see if you could either get a refund or have them re-send the package? Usually when I sell something to someone and it never arrives, I will send a replacement, at my own expense, and hopefully this person would be able to do that too.

I think the timing should still be the same, they're probably just saying that now to cover their backside, as they have no control over how long it takes once it leaves the country. I think there is still hope for the 2nd package. But for the 1st package, can you contact the seller and see if you could either get a refund or have them re-send the package? Usually when I sell something to someone and it never arrives, I will send a replacement, at my own expense, and hopefully this person would be able to do that too.

The seller is the one I was talking about time ago and the items are from a co-op. We got good prices just because it was a co-op. If she buys somethinf for me it would be at full price.

I'm crazy because things I bought are things I can't buy anywhere else.

I want to cry.

Oh I see. You're right that in this situation (a co-op) the items couldn't easily be replaceable. I am so sorry, Sabrina. I just don't understand how a big box could get lost. If it's a small thin envelope it would make more sense.

maybe the box is not so big...

I don't know it, never seen it! lol

I'm so depressed, I was so happy doing this co-op or being able to buy something in the classifieds..

thanks everyone for your support, and sorry for venting.

I don't know what difference it makes but I have always been told when you mail something from the US to anywhere it else it has to be sent "airmail" or else it takes weeks and weeks or gets lost. I use to do a lot of craft swapping and the board had a lot of international users and we were told to do it that way. If a person did not send "airmail" the item took so much longer and dragged down the swaps, but if they wrote airmail there was never a problem. It's just a guess.

I don't know what difference it makes but I have always been told when you mail something from the US to anywhere it else it has to be sent "airmail" or else it takes weeks and weeks or gets lost. I use to do a lot of craft swapping and the board had a lot of international users and we were told to do it that way. If a person did not send "airmail" the item took so much longer and dragged down the swaps, but if they wrote airmail there was never a problem. It's just a guess.

Airmail was faster but more expensive so when I didn't need to have things immediately (I buy a lot just because I'm curious about trying something new) I always chose the economy (surface) mail. Never lost a package. One came back to US because the address was written in a wrong manner. That took 3 months forth and back, but then it arrived.

Now this new first class probably is the former economy mail, but the delays are terribel. if we can talk about delays.

I supposed thing are worst because of the re-organization of the postal system, but anyway I'm considering my packages lost.

:confused:

Wasn't it eugenia that said she shipped something to France and it took months.

I just shipped a package to Canada in a flat rate box. I'll be curious to see how long it takes.

this would be great to hear! I mean, not for the french recipient but it would be a cheer up for me knowing that I could still recieve what I bought!

Good luck with your shipping, but I guess flat rate is more fast and reliable.

I supposed thing are worst because of the re-organization of the postal system, but anyway I'm considering my packages lost.

I'm not sure they even re-organized anything. :confused: As far as I can see, all they did was to raise the prices and re-name some of their products. :mad:

I'm not sure they even re-organized anything. :confused: As far as I can see, all they did was to raise the prices and re-name some of their products. :mad:

yes the prices are really high now, I was able to have good prices on stuff shipping included..

But this is how life goes. I wish I had some more candlemaking supplies here. Oh wait but when I have them they cost two times more than there!!!!

I've shipped lots overseas and have found that when a package is delayed it generally has been held up in customs. I've had packages arrive to the UK in just a few days and then be delayed in customs for weeks...same to Canada. I've rarely shipped to Italy, but I do know that the restrictions are many and the shipper should check the list carefully before shipping.

Do you have a customs number or website that you could contact? If you have the tracking info. from the seller perhaps the customs office will show a record of it.