Help with pin pricks

Hi,

I've asked this question before and after varying the pouring temps, thought I'd sorted it.

Just poured some eggnog votives, poured at 185 with 195 repour (same as normally do) but these are covered in pin pricks.

Is there anything you can do to get rid of them, without changing pouring temps. Or do you have to change pouring temps occasionally depending on the fo?

Its straight paraffin btw

thanks

Hi' date='

I've asked this question before and after varying the pouring temps, thought I'd sorted it.

Just poured some eggnog votives, poured at 185 with 195 repour (same as normally do) but these are covered in pin pricks.

Is there anything you can do to get rid of them, without changing pouring temps. Or do you have to change pouring temps occasionally depending on the fo?

Its straight paraffin btw

thanks[/quote']

pour slower and tap the sides of the moulds with the wax in. Pin pricks are simply airbubbles trapped against the side of the mould. try to pour smoothly without sloshing and then tap tap tap.

oh jeez, never thought about them being actual air bubbles doh! Was thinking it was some kind of reaction in the wax lol.

I do pour very slowly to ensure I don't spill over the lip, but tbh, I don't tap much, as worried I'll spill it all over being so close to top of votives.

btw, you were right, I do need loads more votive moulds lol.

I just won some votive wick pins off ebay and when they came, they are literally nails stuck thru washers! But! they are sold like that by a company, woman show'd me the link. Giving them a try to see

I just won some votive wick pins off ebay and when they came' date=' they are literally nails stuck thru washers! But! they are sold like that by a company, woman show'd me the link. Giving them a try to see[/quote']

If they aren't wick pins I would definitely report this to Ebay.

If they aren't wick pins I would definitely report this to Ebay.

thats the thing, they are sold as wick pins on a site lol. But they are basically nails through a washer. Besides was only £3 with postage.

btw, Ebay wouldn't get involved. They don't care so long as they get their fees