soap smells? Help

katshe

ok I made a batch of soap with olive,coconut,caster,sunflower oils and I used clean and aqua fo and the soap smells wonderful

Here is the prob-When the soap is in use in the shower I get a distinct smell of I think olive oil which I hate- and not the fo- it seems after a few days of using the soap the fo smell is overpowered by the oo

Anyone else experienced this?

Any suggestions on replacing the oo with maybe canola or some other oil?

Making new batch this week

Please Help :confused:

Rice Brand oil doesn't smell. I hate OO too and a lot of other oils. Don't want any unrefined oil cause the smell makes me sick. Even the sunflower oil might have a smell I don't know if I have ever had any of it. Also the green olive oil that most people use in soap smells the worst. When I do use it I go for the lightest OO they sell even for cooking or dipping with spices.

Will need to buy that I think at zerbo's, Does this have no fragrance and is it comparable to oo?

If Zerbo's even carries it, they'll certainly overcharge you for it. I'd buy in bulk from a reputable company online like MMS.

It has very little scent and seems to be what many soapers are using in place of OO these days...

HTH!

Sorry no help.

I made an unscented CPHP castille with babassu and castor. I can smell something 'off' when the bar is wet.

I thought it was the HP process.

That Babassu has that unrefined smell too if it's like the oil I bought. Went right in the garbage. Every bar of soap I have made has been HP so it's not that.