Label Samples from LX400

NattyCat

Hi All

Got some Label samples printed on a LX400 today - I gotta tell ya, they are AWESOME.

I'm right now, in the process of counting pennies to see if I can afford one.

Think there's been a few threads on this machine, but before I go ahead spend the cash...does anyone have one? If so...what's it like? What are the everyday running costs?

Nat

Hi Nat

I've just read the specs on Primera's website. It's a pretty awesome machine but then it at nearly 1000 quid it has to be.

I could be wrong but it looks like you can't use just any old labels, they have to be specific. You can buy various sizes and prices range between £15-£20 per roll. depending on the label size you get 300 or 700 on each roll. Smaller sizes are about 1500 on a roll.

The ink cartridges, which is usually the killer, cost about £35. Not too bad a price. I pay £36 for my Samsung toner at Cartridge World. Not too sure on the coverage and how many labels you'll get from each cartridge.

The printer does however give you the professional finish you're after. It would definitely be worth considering it especially if your candles and b&b products are being sold in shops locally. So many times a good quality handmade product loses its value because of a cheap looking label. If anything it should increase your sales.

Nat, if your business is about to go huge big time can you afford not to get it, it's an asset after all.

Ruby

I have that printer. It does print very nice labels. It is a great alternative if you need a lot of variations of a particular label, which is the case if you offer a lot of scents. Not sure they are the best idea for products that might get wet, though, like shower gels. But for candles and other B&B, I feel it is a good investment if you can't afford offset printing labels.

If you decide to purchase one, shop around. The best price I've found is here: http://www.barcodebonanza.com/products/lx400-bar-code-printers.jsp, though I'm not sure if they ship to Europe.

yep. see the problem I have is that I have so many fragrances and different products in my range, that to have labels printed for every fragrance of candle I offer means I'd need to order a minimum of 1,000 labels x 150 fragrances. There's 150,000 labels already @ £silly money. Then I'd need labels for shower gels, creams, balms, bombs, soaps, etc. And that's not including different SIZED labels for the different style of jar etcetc.

I either shell out £1000 plus around £500 in consumables, like labels and inks or I spend £10,000 on labels gradually as and when I get the money in.

I'm going to look into a few "by the sheet" label printers and see if their quality compares and then seriously make a decision.

Unfortunately though - it's not a good idea to buy from the USA as the USA warranty does not cover products shipped to the UK, and over in the UK - the prices are between 10 and 20% higher.

What about if you bought, say, a refurbished one direct from Primera? Would that be under warranty?

It really is a great printer, in my opinion. For the quality and crispness of the images from this printer, it is a good printer to have. And the best part is you print on demand! So you can change your label design over and over. That way, when you are ready for offset you won't be looking at it saying, "I wish I had included..." like I am with my biz cards! :rolleyes2

Good luck on your search. :)