no olive or rbo batch!!

katshe

Just finished my trial batch omitting olive, was going to replace it with rbo but decided to use soybean and canola instead Turned out great so far and the Rosemary-Mint smells devine!!!It traced way fast I did hp in the mold oven method, wish I woud have gotten it into mold sooner but next batch I will know.It is still cooling this morning and I will cut it tonight and share photos.Sooo excited

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My objective is to keep costs down as much as possible and still have a nice bar of soap.

I think next batch I will superfat at 5% instead of 7% though would like more bubbles but the creaminess is nice.

I do have white streaks in the soap and think it is from cocoa butter, i did heat it for a while first at I am sure above 130 degrees

I think it is pretty but -did it all mix in?

Do keep the superfat down as I believe that the soy and canola may contribute to a higher likelihood of DOS - but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Butters that are not completely melted and indeed cause white streaks. Just test that area for zap - if it's zapless don't worry about it.

Good call! I love soy and will tolerate some canola. :grin2: LOL

If you live in a hot, humid area, make sure your oils are nice and fresh, and keep them in a cool, dry place. Make sure the soaps stay out of the heat & humidity too.

I like a 5% superfat. Gives you a nice margin. I wouldn't go higher with those soft oils, however.

I also like a bit of canola in some of my batches...but then again, I like Crisco in some also.

I just scored 8 gallons of extra virgin olive oil for $12.50 each. That should last for a little while anyway.

Do keep the superfat down as I believe that the soy and canola may contribute to a higher likelihood of DOS - but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Butters that are not completely melted and indeed cause white streaks. Just test that area for zap - if it's zapless don't worry about it.

You are correct. Also I notice they do not lather as much as OO or RBO.

I have not used oo cause I dislike the smell and rbo I would have to order online and I wanted to use oils I could get locally,

but If it means less lather I may have to switch.

As far as white streaks- No zap , and I am sure the oils were all melted.