Burn Test - Opinions..

TESTed burn on

8 oz. Jelly jar (total of 6.2 oz of wax)

6% FO of Creme Brulee

Put FO into wax at 125 degrees

EZSOY wax

ECO8 size wick.

Comments: after 3 hrs and 15 minutes: great 1/4 melt pool, good burn, decent hot throw.

I ran the burn time calculator on this site and came up with a total of 37.23 hrs to burn the candle. Is there an average burn rate per ounce of wax in a candle or does it vary based off of wax used, container, etc.?

Thanks!

That sound like what you should shoot for - minimum 35 hours. Do you plan to burn it all the way down. I'd keep track and see how the wick works and what the actual burn time would be before I got into full fledged production.

But, by George, I think you've done it!

That sound like what you should shoot for - minimum 35 hours. Do you plan to burn it all the way down. I'd keep track and see how the wick works and what the actual burn time would be before I got into full fledged production.

But, by George, I think you've done it!

Judy - I plan to burn it all the way. I'm keeping track of it all the way through....

Is there a website or reference I can use for minimum burn time based off of what container you use?

Thanks Judy!

I have started to add my FO at 175 as suggested by others however I did get great hot/cold throw on my creme brulee. I did NOT get good hot throw on my spiced pear FO that I'm burning now.

I just completed my 4th test for a total of 12.45 burn hours and have come up with 40.22 total burn time for my 8 oz container. pretty good!!!!

test burns aren't just about burn times. As a matter of fact, this is pretty low on my list of things to test for.

I test MP.. time, depth, etc.

Flame... even, smoke, height, dance, mushroom

jar... too hot, wax hang up, soot

scent... hot throw, etc

If I'm using soy wax, and have a properly wicked candle, I can THEN get a burn time.

JMHO